« Back to results
[Cornwall] PenzanceNegotiableVacancy ID: 766807Financial Controller
A large scale fresh produce grower is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for their site in Cornwall.
This is a new position created due to a movement of accountability within the companies different sites, they are looking for a an individual who will Provide financial guidance and support to the Finance Director and management team.
Ideally you will come from a similar industry background (Food, Fresh Procue, Growing, Horticulture, FMCG) and will have an understanding of the challenges within a seasonal and peak orientated business.
Technically you will have the necessary qualification (ACA /ACCA / CIMA) and will naturally already be within a Financial Accounting based role.
You will have responsibility for:
• Managing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
• Contributing to company financial strategy and decision making process
• Undertaking business reporting and variance analysis.
• Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place. Developing, implementing and controlling data collection procedures.
• Supervise the preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
• General ledger data management and ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
• Manage & develop the financial accounts team
• Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
• Assisting with costing models and budgeting processes.
• Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
• VAT – monthly submission
• Overseeing tax and compliance
• Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow).
• Treasury Management.
This is a fabulous role within a real industry leader with excellent accreditation within their sector, to apply please forward your CV to be considered.